Provision of common coding of administrative territories and territorial units.
Administrative territories – cities and municipalities;
Units of Territorial Division of Municipalities – municipality towns and municipality rural territories.
- compilation of statistics in breakdown by administrative territory;
- maintenance of national information systems and registers.
Approved by the Regulations of the Cabinet No. 152 "Regulations of Classification of Administrative Territories and Territorial Units" of 21 March 2017
End of validity: 01.07.2021.
Central Statistical Bureau of Latvia
The updated ATVK 2021 classification is operational as of 1 July 2021.
Central Statistical Bureau website (only in Latvian)
Coding system – hierarchical
Code length – seven digits
Number of levels – 2
Description of levels
Level 1 – 119 administrative territories;
Level 2 – 564 units of territorial division of counties.
Description of hierarchy
Number of classification objects:
- 9 cities under state jurisdiction
- 110 municipalities (counties)
- 67 municipality towns
- 497 municipality rural territories