Provision of labour force registration and comparisons meeting international practice.
Professions, occupations, specialities, crafts.
Use of the classification is mandatory in the following fields:
- employment legal relations and service relationships (except for national security institutions) when indicating occupation (craft, post, speciality) in line with the classification;
- information systems the use whereof ensures circulation of the information necessary for labour force registration;
- official statistics;
- labour force-related researches and studies;
- registration and comparison of labour force information meeting the practice of International Labour Organisation;
- external economic cooperation;
- other fields requiring use of common occupation titles.
Approved by the Regulations of the Cabinet No 264 “Regulations on Classification of Occupations, Key Tasks of Occupations and Main Qualification Requirements” of 23 May 2017 with amendments made until 4 February 2021.
Ministry of Welfare of the Republic of Latvia
Performed when necessary.
Website of the Ministry of Welfare of the Republic of Latvia (only in Latvian)
Description of levels
Level 1 – 10 major groups
Level 2 – 43 sub-major groups
Level 3 – 128 minor groups
Level 4 – 427 unit groups
Level 5 – approximately 3600 occupations (posts)
Adaptation of the International Standard Classification of Occupations (ISCO-08).